Catagories

Monday, October 10, 2011

Hit The Brakes

Wed, 7 Sep 2011

I wasn't very good at keeping up on this... mind you on the road.... there isn't much for internet access.
 I went on the road last week with a trainer with schneider traveling from Janesville, WI out to Ottawa, IL where we would pick up a trailer for Petsmart.  Basicly I would be training on the run in which the guy was running Dedicated on Petsmart from it's DC to stores in the areas.
We traveled from Ottawa, IL to Chicago, IL where I saw the Amtrak yard and watched El-Trains spark away on their tracks as we drove by them.  The next day we went to Gary, IN and a place outside of Gary, IN as well... We then stopped over night at the Schneider OC in Gary before heading back to Ottawa, IL.
I know my sister Janna would be spazzy cuz I beleive Gary, IN was where Michael Jackson grew up... hehe  I didn't get to sight see in Gary though.

We would move to St. Louis, MO area by Thursday... The whole time my abiblty to jump 2 -4 gears while trying to focus on MPH ranges was very evident, and by evident... I mean extreamely obvious I couldn't do it right.  Come Friday we made a pickup in Ottawa, IL and went to Peoria, IL then up to Chillton, WI.  It was at that time the trainer told me, after my 3rd attempt and overall.. 3rd time to choke at downshifting in town, that I wasn't cut out for this.

 I was dropped off at Janesville, WI on the back trip from Chillton, WI.... the trainer would head back to Ottawa, IL with the load himself and I would have some phone calls with folks at Schneider of the fact that I wasn't cutting it out there with my shifting and... maybe trucking wasn't the thing for me at that time.
I can honestly say I agree on that point of that my ability to shift how they wanted was very horendous.  I think my mind is not fast enough to flip through so much information at one time.  So I'm back to looking on job websites... poking shipping/receiving jobs as well as maybe some delivery driver jobs.
I'll keep this blog going though.. try to update as driving things come to be.  If I get a job as a delivery driver for someone.. I will still have things to talk about here. SO it's all good.  Was a experience at Schneider; I saw things I normally didn't see or that hadn't seen since last vacation to Arkansas.  I found out about a nice resturant in Morris, IL that someday if I  am out that way--  I'll stop in there for lunch.
So until the next entry and event... seeya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment